If you are a business owner (small or medium), then you must have heard about Rackspace. It is one of the most popular cloud email service providers for small as well as medium businesses in the USA. However, it is mostly preferred by small businesses because of its cost-effectiveness and user-friendliness. Just like any other webmail service provider, Rackspace faces a number of technical issues. And, being a reputed and leading service provider, it can be really difficult for them to provide customer support services sometimes. Hence, we have come up with this post with some common issues and possible fixes so that you do not have to go here and there just to find the answer to why my Rackspace email is not working! Keep on reading to find out more.
Common Rackspace Email Issues
- Rackspace email login not working
- Rackspace email forwarding not working
- Storage and related issues
- Rackspace email search bar not working
- Issues while recovering the password
- Failed email connection
- Server and related issues
- Unable to send and receive emails
- Email bouncing
- Address of the sender rejected
- The hostname is not found
- The server is denying your emails
How to Fix Rackspace Email Not Working Issues?
Every problem has a different set of solutions. So, we will shed light one by one on each so that you can have a better yet clear understanding of the same. Just take a look:
Rackspace Email Login Not Working
There are multiple reasons for this issue. Some of them have been listed here:
- Entering incorrect username and password
- Forget user ID
- Forget password
- Web browser-related issue
- Server down
- Deactivated account
Well! The solution is very simple. Just make sure you enter the right spelling of your user ID and password keeping the CAPS LOCK key off. If it is still not working or showing an incorrect password or ID, just click on the option saying FORGOT PASSWORD or FORGOT USERNAME. By following a few simple steps, you can easily retrieve your account.
Besides, if you are unable to get access even after entering the correct credentials, try a different web browser. If it is a web browser related issue, then it will work otherwise, you are suggested to wait for some time because server related issues are typically fixed by the service provider on its own. Lastly, if your account is deactivated (it happens if you are not using your account for a longer period), then you have to call the Rackspace technical support number to rectify the error. After this, your Rackspace email login not working issue will be fixed.
Rackspace Email Forwarding Not Working
To fix this issue, you will need to set your Rackspace email forwarding to a different mail address.
For the Users
There are certain prerequisites to set up your Microsoft Exchange mailbox. And these include time up to 20-30 minutes and tools such as app.rackspace.com for the user access and the Cloud Office Control Panel for administrators. Look at the following to know more about the steps involved in the process of email forwarding from the Rackspace email to another service provider:
- Sign in to your mailbox that needs to be forwarded at the apps.rackspace.com
- Enter your USERNAME and click on the SETTINGS
- A popup box of settings will appear on your screen
- Now, click on the “INCOMING EMAIL” and then the “FORWARDING TAB”
- Choose the STATUS from the given options
- Check the box provided and SAVE the COPY of the forwarded emails (note: if you do not check the box, you will not be able to store any messages or emails sent to it)
- Provide you email ID to the given box that you want to forward emails in
- Hit the SAVE button to complete the process (note: the entire process will take at least 15-20 minutes to be fully enabled for the email forwarding. In case your email forwarding is not set even after these steps, you must connect with the email administrator)
For the Cloud Office Control Panel
Here are the steps that you will need to follow to set up your mailbox forwarding to the Cloud Office Control Panel:
- Sign in to your Cloud Office Control Panel through the Rackspace Cloud Office ‘admin’ ID and password
- Click MAILBOXES from the Rackspace Email section
- Choose the DOMAIN that has the option of your preferred MAILBOX
- From the list of MAILBOX, select the ‘blue highlighted’ name of the mailbox that needs to be forwarded
- Select the option FORWARDING/ AUTO-REPLY
- Now, check the box give for the FORWARD EMAIL TO (note: if you do not check this box, then you will not be able to store any mail or data sent to it)
- Finally, press the SUBMIT button (note: it will take some time so wait for the “FORWARD” to be enabled completely)
Save Forwarding and Auto-Reply in Rackspace Mail
For this, you must login to the webmail and select the SETTINGS option given on the top right corner. In this window, you will need to select the option ‘INCOMING EMAIL’ to set up the ‘AUTO REPLY’. Once you are done with this, just click on the SAVE button.
Storage and Related Issue
If your email has storage-related issues, then your emails will not be sent. To fix this issue, you will need to free up some space to send and receive emails.
Failed Email Connection
If you are using Rackspace, then chances are quite higher you come across the ‘Failed Email Connection from the Server’. Sometimes, these issues occur due to the mismatch of the IP address or slow to no internet connection. So, to fix this issue make sure your system has a stable and strong internet connection. In case this problem still persists, then you must get in touch with the technical support team of Rackspace for the right assistance and proper guidance.
Unable to Found the Hostname or Hostname Not Found
It is one of the most common issues that you will get while using the Rackspace webmail. When this issue occurs, you will get the message “err_host_name_not_found”. Since it is a tricky issue, you are advised to connect with the skilled and adept team of Rackspace to get accurate and prompt solutions for this issue.
This typically happens when you enter the incorrect email address of the sender. “The Address of the sender rejected” issue is also inter-linked with this problem. So, to make everything smooth and error-free, it is good to pay attention while entering the sender’s address. You can also verify the same with the recipient to avoid unnecessary issues.
So, these are some common issues of Rackspace Login and not working issues along with possible fixes. You can implement these solutions based on your precise issue. In case you still face the glitches like Rackspace email login not working or Rackspace email search bar not working, you are advised to connect with the professional and experienced technical support team of Rackspace for the proper assistance.